14th Annual FCPHL Beaver Cup Pond Hockey Tournament
Jan 31 – Feb 2, 2020 (Friday 9:00 AM through Sunday about 2:00 PM)
Registration for the 2020 Beaver Cup Tournament will be open to RETURNING teams within in the next couple of weeks.
Registration for NEW teams opens to the public will open several weeks after that. Notice of dates will be coming soon.
The four-on-four pond hockey tournament will comprise 24 teams again this year. This is Super Bowl weekend, and the championship game on Sunday will conclude around 2:00 PM so players will have time to get home before the Super Bowl starts.
The big picture:
- Teams can bring 5 players. Substitutions will be allowed on the fly during games. This will keep the level of play up (more energy!) and if a player gets injured on a team they’ll still have 4 players.
- Registration will be online again this year through the website. Online registration is required
- Registration will open for returning teams on ???
- Open Registration for all teams begins on ??? on a first-come first-served basis
- Your team is considered registered ONLY after payment in full has been received
- Team fee is $850
- Early bird special: The first 12 teams to register will pay $750.
- Four or Five person teams must PAY TOGETHER as a team, the captain is responsible for paying online
- Games start Friday MORNING around 9:00 AM
- All teams guaranteed 5 games, unless weather conditions interfere in which case a reduced schedule of fewer than 5 games may be necessary
- Weather permitting, all teams will play two games Friday, two games Saturday, and one or more playoff games Sunday
- Dinner for Friday and Saturday, and lunch on Sunday morning is provided in the registration fees.
- Lodging fees are separate, teams and players are responsible for arranging their own lodging directly with Fox Acres or other lodging facilities.
- The same rules & goals as last year with just a few minor changes/clarifications