12th Annual FCPHL Beaver Cup Pond Hockey Tournament
Feb 2 – Feb 4, 2018 (Friday 9:00 AM through Sunday about 2:00 PM)
Registration for the 2018 Beaver Cup Tournament is open to RETURNING teams starting October 16.
Registration for NEW teams opens to the public on November 6
The four-on-four pond hockey tournament will comprise 24 teams again this year. This is Super Bowl weekend, and the championship game on Sunday will conclude around 2:00 PM so players will have time to get home before the Super Bowl starts.
The big picture:
- Teams can bring 5 players. Substitutions will be allowed on the fly during games. This will keep the level of play up (more energy!) and if a player gets injured on a team they’ll still have 4 players.
- Registration will be online again this year through the website. Online registration is required
- Registration will open for returning teams on October 16
- Open Registration for all teams begins on November 6 on a first-come first-served basis
- Your team is considered registered ONLY after payment in full has been received
- Team fee is $850
- Early bird special: Team fee is reduced to $750 if paid by December 22
- Four or Five person teams must PAY TOGETHER as a team, the captain is responsible for paying online
- Games start Friday MORNING around 9:00 AM
- All teams guaranteed 5 games, unless weather conditions interfere in which case a reduced schedule of fewer than 5 games may be necessary
- Weather permitting, all teams will play two games Friday, two games Saturday, and one or more playoff games Sunday
- Dinner for Friday and Saturday, and lunch on Sunday morning is provided in the registration fees.
- Lodging fees are separate, teams and players are responsible for arranging their own lodging directly with Fox Acres or other lodging facilities.
- The same rules & goals as last year with just a few minor changes/clarifications